What is the Faith Coalition?
The Faith Coalition is a Christian organization united in love and truth. Our mission is to be Christ’s hands and feet in our local community and beyond.
Faith Coalition started in 2011, after Joe & Greg met on a mission trip to Joplin, Mo, where they were cleaning up & repairing damage from the devastating tornado in that town. They were impressed by the spontaneous outpouring of support for people in need, & wondered what could be achieved if Christians organized and prepared throughout the year to address disasters like this one, AND to serve ongoing local needs in our communities. And so, Faith Coalition was born.
The goal is for our area community of churches, united through Christ, to be ‘one body with many members’, in selected common missions.
-Habitat for Humanity
-Supporting existing, understaffed, overburdened or under-budgeted church missions
-Other yet-to-be-identified needs of the community, churches or organizations
This is being accomplished with little effort from the member church administrative bodies. Faith Coalition simply needs a commitment from one representative or liaison from each church to serve as a member church representative. The details are all handled within Faith Coalition, while maintaining direct communication with each individual administrative body and all member churches.
- Churches can attract new members through participation in Faith Coalition.
- Churches can gain new energy and vision through participation in Faith Coalition.
- Individuals and churches can participate in Faith Coalition activities as their schedules allow.
- Volunteers can meet new people and develop friendships with individuals from their own churches or the community of churches.
- Faith Coalition can help churches fulfill their mission to minister to persons in need.
- Church members can participate in Faith Coalition projects with little effort from the church administrative body.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a wide variety of area churches to come together, in authentic community, as one body, to be Christ’s hands and feet in our local community and beyond. This is unity without judgment. Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 12:12 “For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.”
2014 Annual Report
- The Faith Coalition 2014 Annual Report highlights our accomplishments during 2014.
Participating Area Churches
(click to their websites):